Watch this video about a cool bicycle parking system in Japan.via email from Nat Forbes, Fri, 6 Dec 2013 02:20:47 -0800
Been in Duluth since Tuesday mid-afternoon, and it’s been stormy the whole time I’ve been here. Hope I-35E is clear this afternoon when I head back to the Twin Cities.
I makes you wonder why people life here… it’s certainly pleasant in the Summer, but with snow like this, who needs it. The snowfall totals were somewhere between 21.6 (NWS official total) to 28.6 in Duluth Heights.
Went to talk to four AVID classes on Friday, 2013-11-15. Why do I take time to talk to students? If you’re not willing to show up and lead the next generation into your profession, who do you have to blame when you cannot find qualified candidates to hire for the jobs you have?
An interesting phrase, “vanishing caloric density”, that discussed on the CBS Sunday Morning food issue, 24-Nov-2013, in reference to Cheetos and how they melt in your mouth fooling your brain into thinking that there are no calories at all in this calorie dense food.
Just what we need. Tensions with China to get out of control over their new air defense zone, and a shooting war to ensue. If that doesn’t trigger WW III, I’d be surprised.
I just can’t figure out what China hopes to gain by this posturing. If they start a war, then how does it help anyone; their exports of all the shiny things they make, and all the imports of raw materials will grind to a halt, and the world economy will crack apart. They must have something else that they want that they don’t think they can get without taking this strange action. I don’t think they’re gonna get control of Taiwan this way if that’s what they’re after.
In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.Anne Frank
Boredom is an emotion that’s a lot more nuanced than we give it credit for. Which boredom type are you?
- Indifferent boredom: A person who is calm and withdrawn from his or her external world—relaxed.
- Reactant boredom: A person in this state has a strong motivation to escape his or her boring situation and may have significant restlessness and aggression.
- Calibrating boredom: A slightly unpleasant emotional state characterized by wandering thoughts, not knowing what to do, and a “general openness” to activities unrelated to the present situation.
- Searching boredom: A more negative feeling reflecting a sense of unpleasant restlessness and an active search for ways out of the boredom mindset.
- Apathetic boredom: A person experiencing it has low arousal and a lack of positive or negative feelings–in other words, a feeling of helplessness or depression.