- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture
- Mix in the oats until just combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don’t over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
These are scary good, but have tons of fat. I think I’ll try some variations and see if I can get it to stretch a little.