- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (not semi-sweet chips)
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- With a double boiler, melt the chocolate and cool to room tempearture.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, set aside
- In a mixer bowl combine the oil, chocolate, and sugar; mix well to fully incorporate the ingredients
- Blend in the eggs and and vanilla; mix well
- Stir in the dry ingredients and fully mix.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Shape the dough into 1½ inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar and place 2 inces apart on greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Less is more on the timing; don’t overbake, or they dry out.
- Let cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
Yields approximately 3 dozen cookies. You might need a little more powdered sugar than 1 cup; don’t be stingy when rolling the dough in the sugar.
Source: Star-Tribune advertising insert for Enova™ oil