Define the Job inDetail
- Review Project Environment
- Organize by Major Business Function
- Identify Products to be Delivered
- Document MIS/USER Responsibilities
- Create "Systems Test Plan"
Involve the Right People
- Identify Project Personnel
- Structure Project Responsibilities
- Establish Roles, Goals & Objectives
- Subcontract Project Teams.
- Create "Winning Environment"
Estimate the Time & Costs
- Avoid "Premature Cost Precision"
- Include Everything in Your Estimate
- Estimate both Elapsed Time and Dollars
- Document Estimating Assumptions
- Establish "Budget for Change"
Break the Job Down
- Define all Tasks in "80 Hours" or Less
- Translate Estimate into Products
- Identify each "80 Hours" into Deliverables
- Obtain Individual Product Commitment
- Create "Weekly Status Reporting"
Set Up Change Procedure
- Define Procedures for Changes
- Document all Scope Changes
- Determine Impact of Changes
- Obtain Budget/Time Authorization
- Ageee to "Manage Changes"
Agree on Acceptance Critera
- Formally Agree on Acceptance Criteria
- Document Series of Approvals
- Identify Appropriate Personnel
- Establish Key Authorization to Proceed
- Agree/Deliver/Approve = "DONE"