- In AA the only mistake you can make is not coming back.
- Gratitude is the streetcar to a better attitude.
- The catch-22 of recovery:
You’ve got to change your thinking
to change your drinking.
But to change your thinking,
you’ve got to change your drinking.
- AA: Absolute Abstinence.
- As a sponsor, remember you can carry the word, but not the person.
- When alcoholics are ready, you can’t keep the program from them; when they’re not, you can’t give the program away.
- I didn’t get what I wanted from AA; I got what I needed.
- It’s a lot easier to stay sober than to get sober.
- Fear is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real