Cherrie always tells me, “There are lessons to be learned from difficult situations.” So, As I wait for her arrival call from Customs at Boston Logan, I made a list.
The Lessons I have learned from my challenge:
(Some were total surprises, even to me)
- Vacuuming requires the movement of furniture (who knew?)
- After doing the laundry, the bed does not make it’s self
- Our new and expensive Energy Star dryer won’t fold my boxers
- It is impossible to mop the kitchen floor without leaving streak marks (Law of Sponge Mop Physics 127, the more you wash the floor, the streakier it gets)
- The less you shower, the dirtier the shower gets
- Forget the Big Bang Theory, lint appears spontaneously from thin air (ashes to ashes lint to lint, Darwin was wrong)
- The cat doesn’t know how to clean the litter box
- Why do they call it an “Automatic Dishwasher” when you have to push buttons?
- They don’t sell TV Dinners anymore at the Supermarkets
- I still can’t find the TV remote. I have had to read books for 20 days!