For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep, too much pressure from my job, but now I found out the real reason: I'm tired because I'm overworked. Here's why:
- The population of this country is 273 million. 140 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work.
- There are are 85 million in school, Which leaves 48 million to do the work. Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, Leaving 19 million to do the work.
- 2.8 million are in the armed forces, Which leaves 16.2 million to do the work. Take from the total the 14.8 million people who work for state and city governments. And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.
- At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.
- Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons. That leaves just 2 people to do the work.
You and me. And you're sitting at your computer reading jokes!via eMail, Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:33:42 EST