- 2 Cups molasses
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 Cup water
- Â¼ Cup vinegar, plus additional seen notes
- Â¼ Cup butter
- 1 Cup raw popcorn, popped
- Combine molasses, sugar, water, and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Cook liquid ingredients to soft boil, 255F on a candy thermometer. Fine bubbles will form, and the liquid should form a soft ball when dropped into a glass of water.
- Remove from heat, and add butter, stirring until it is completely incorporated.
- Pour mixture over popped corn and form into balls.
- Wrap individually with plastic wrap.
- Do not make on inclement days
- Use vinegar on your hands to keep the mixture from sticking to your hands when forming balls.