- ½ Cup butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- ¾ Cup grated ship cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 1/3 Cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water, very cold
- 48 pitted Medjool dates
- Pulse butter, cheddar cheese, rosemary, flour, salt, and cayenne in a food processor until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add vinegar and water and pulse just until the mixture holds together.
- Turn out the dough and shape into a six-inch square. Wrap the mixture with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Put chilled dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a 12-inch square.
- Cut pastry square into 48 1-inch by 3-inch strips.
- Wrap each date with a strip of pastry and arrange on two parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake until pastry is light golden brown, about 15 minutes
- Serve Hot