- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ pound butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup milk (Skim or Whole)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat milk and butter in a saucepan until butter is melted, remove from heat.
- Beat eggs, vanilla and sugar until light yellow.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Add to sugar and eggs. Add hot milk and butter mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan.
- Bake at 375F for 35 minutes.
Source: Imogene Tolen Patten